Doctoral Research Workshop
iV2015 - 19th International Conference
21, 22, 23 and 24 July 2015
The University of Barcelona ● Barcelona ● Spain ●
A full-day Event: Tuesday 21st July 2015, Time: 10:00 -17:00
8th Doctoral Research Workshop
Information Visualisation Society
In cooperation with
Visualisation & Graphics Research Unit, LSBU
The Information Visualisation Society (IVS) is an international organization that aims to provide a foundation for integrating the human-centred, technological and strategic aspects of information visualisation in order to promote international exchange, cooperation and development. Building upon the reported success of last year’s workshop, IVS is pleased to announce the “8th Doctoral Research Workshop” which will run as part of the 19th International Conference on Information Visualisation (iV2015).
Who can present?
All doctoral students involved in research, within the field of information visualisation, are welcome to present their research at this event. Students at any stage of their research programme may present their work to date for discussion and feedback. However, please note that places for presentation of work are strictly limited to a maximum of eight.
In order for our combined industrial and academic panel of researchers to provide constructive and useful feedback to each of the presenters, the following information is required:
· The overall title of your research
· An outline of your PhD research – no more than 700 words
· A list of any presentations, abstracts or papers already published from your research (for those towards the end of their programmes of study)
It would also be useful if you could provide us with the date you started the research and the name, affiliation and website addresses of those involved in the supervision of your research. Please note that you need to email this information to the iV2015 Secretariat IV15@graphicslink.co.uk as soon as possible, but no later than, 21st June 2015.
Can I attend without presenting?
If you do not wish to present at this event, you have the option of attending without presenting. Last year we have many attendees who found the experience useful and so we wish to encourage everyone to attend this session. It will provide you with a great opportunity to meet other students and researchers, working in the same area, and who knows you might even make some key contacts for your future career.
When is it and how much will it cost?
· The workshop will take place on 15th July 2015 at University of London, London, UK (the day before the main iV2015 conference)
· The cost for presenters and attendees is Cost: €50. This cost includes a printed copy of the abstracts as well as lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
· Online submission of your work in PDF format is preferred.
· The administration tool used by the conference administration team is called “ConfTool” and it is available here: http://www.conftool.net/IV2015/.
· In order to submit your work for review, please register with the ConfTool system as a new user. You will be required to enter your details and specify a username and password.
· Once you have registered, you will be able to submit your work. Follow the onscreen instructions as directed.
· Accepted abstracts will be published in the Conference Book of Abstracts
For further information about this workshop, please contact Ebad Banissi (email@example.com)
For further information about the iV2015 conference, please contact: iV2015 Secretariat (IV15@graphicslink.co.uk)