SHOWCASE poster Submission
In general, it is possible to submit your work to the Information Visualisation conference in general or more specifically, to a particular symposium within the conference. Your work may be submitted as
· a poster presentation (displayed online or during the SHOWCASE event)
These submissions include, but are not limited to Research, Review and the Application of Information Visualisation principles and techniques.
The SHOWCASE event at this conference is a poster session with a difference! It is a highly flexible means for the presentation and discussion of your software, ideas and research with supported interaction including usability studies, peer-to-peer feedback and expert tips. Hence, there is a strong emphasis on comprehensive interaction and qualitative feedback.
Due to the flexibility in the style of presentation, submissions can take a variety of forms including, but not limited to,
· Traditional posters – these will be exhibited on display boards. In general the dimensions available to each presenter are either two pages of size A0 (1189mm by 841mm) with a landscape orientation or one page of size 2A0 (1189mm× 1682mm) for posters with a portrait orientation. Authors are expected to be available throughout the SHOWCASE event to discuss their work with conference delegates.
· Online Display posters - It is possible to have an online poster presentation either in the lecture room or at the exhibition room. The set-up of all online poster exhibitions is the responsibility of the contributor.
The emphasis of this session is to provide a highly personalised means for authors to demonstrate and get feedback on their work. Please contact us if you think it would be useful to present your work at this event. Read more about the event here: SHOWCASE
· Online submission of your work in PDF format is preferred.
· Accepted abstracts will be published in the Conference Book of Abstracts.
· The administration tool used by the conference administration team is called “ConfTool” and it is available here: http://www.conftool.net/IV12.
· In order to submit your work for review, please register with the ConfTool system as a new user. You will be required to enter your details and specify a username and password.
· Once you have registered, you will be able to submit your work. Follow the onscreen instructions as directed.
Please note that when you submit your work for publication in the Book of Abstracts
· you agree to pay the registration fee (or reduced registration fee if your registration form is received on or before the early registration date)
· you agree that your work will be presented by at least one of the authors
Note that the Conference has a policy of one submission per delegate only.
· If electronic submission is not possible, you must submit four printed copies of full papers are expected that will be reviewed by the members of the reviewing committee.
· Reviewing is applied to all the materials submitted
· The dates of all the conference deadlines are available here: Important Dates
|All queries should be addressed the IV12 Conference Secretariat at IV12@graphicslink.co.uk|